436 calories per serving
For the salad
• 300g Brussels sprouts
• 80g pomegranate
• 2 spring onions, finely sliced
• 50g pecan nuts
• 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
• 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
• 1 small egg white
• 1 tsp honey
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp chilli powder
For the dressing
• 1 tsp honey
• ½ large lemon, juiced
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• ½ garlic clove, minced
• 2 tbsp low fat plain yoghurt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160C.
2. Place the nuts and seeds in a medium-sized bowl.
3. Add the egg white to a small bowl and whisk until light and fluffy. Add the honey and whisk lightly. Add the egg and honey mixture to the nuts and combine well.
4. Add the spices to a small bowl and combine. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the nuts and mix until fully combined.
5. Transfer the nuts to a non-stick baking sheet and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
6. Whilst the nuts are cooking, finely shred the Brussels sprouts into a medium-sized bowl. Add the pomegranate and spring onions to the bowl and combine.
7. Prepare the dressing by mixing the ingredients in a small bowl.
8. Remove the nuts from the oven and leave to cool.
9. Divide the salad mixture between two bowls and add the dressing. Combine well.
10. Lightly crush the nuts and seeds in your hands and sprinkle over the salad.
11. Serve each salad bowl with a tbsp of yoghurt.