• 1 stick of soba noodles
• 100g tofu, cut into cubes
• 1 vegetable stock cube (low sodium)
• 600ml water
• 1 tbsp groundnut oil
• 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
• A thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin strips
• 1 garlic clove, finely diced
• 1 stick of lemongrass, bashed
• 2 mushrooms, thinly sliced
• Lime juice
• 1 tbsp light soy sauce (low sodium)
• 1 head of bok choy, leaves sliced lengthways into strips
• 2 spring onions, finely sliced
• 1/2 red chilli, thinly sliced
• A handful of fresh coriander leaves
1. Cook the noodles until tender, drain, rinse under cold water and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, make up the stock in a measuring jug.
3. Heat the oil in a medium-sized saucepan and add the onion, ginger, garlic and lemongrass. Cook over a medium heat for 1 minute. Add a large splash of stock and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes until the onions soften.
4. Add the remaining stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, then turn down the heat to low and add the tofu and mushrooms, cooking for another 2 minutes.
5. Add the lime juice, soy sauce and bok choy cooking for a further minute.
6. Remove from the heat, take out the lemongrass and add the spring onions and coriander.
7. Divide the noodles between two bowls, add the broth and garnish with sliced chillies.
400 calories per serving