420 calories per serving
• 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
• 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
• 2 lemon slices
• 2 garlic cloves, gently crushed with the skin on
• 100g quinoa
• 100g mange tout
• 150g rocket
• 100g baby spinach leaves
• A handful of fresh chives, roughly chopped
• A handful of fresh parsley
• 4 dried apricots, roughly cut into strips
• Lemon juice
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tsp sea salt
• Cracked black pepper, to season
• Salt, to season
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
2. Place the chicken breasts on a baking tray and set a sprig of thyme, slice of lemon and garlic clove on each breast. Roast in the heated oven for about 20 minutes until thoroughly cooked. Allow to cool.
3. Put the quinoa in a medium-sized pan and cover with three times its volume of cold water. Set on a high heat and bring to the boil. Once boiled, season the water with salt and continue to boil for 6–8 minutes until tender. Drain in a sieve and rinse under cold water until cool. Leave to one side to drain completely.
4. Bring a small pan of water to the boil. Drop in the mange tout and cook for no longer than 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool.
5. Mix together the remaining ingredients in a bowl, then fold in the quinoa and mange tout.
6. Cut the chicken into strips and mix through the salad. Serve in a large sharing bowl.