1. Preheat the oven to 180’C. Line the bottom and sides of a 20cm square cake tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Wrap the sweet potato chunks in tin foil and place on a baking tray. Pop them in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until soft.
3. Once the sweet potato is cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before transferring to a food processor.
4. Add the dates and blitz to form a smooth paste.
5. Transfer the paste to a large mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients, combining well.
6. Add the mixture to the lined cake tin and place in the oven to cook for 15-20 minutes. You can test if they are cooked by piercing with a knife and bringing it out dry.
7. Once cooked, remove the brownies from the oven and leave to cool completely in the pan before removing and slicing into squares.