"This little home workout is really simple and only requires a mat and some space in your living room or garden. This session is a great full-body workout and is especially good for swimmers or triathletes who can't currently find access to a pool or swimming facilities.
"Swimming is a whole-body workout and that is really tough to replicate on the bike or going for a jog, so something like this alongside a bike session is really great. The exercises listed below can be done in a progression over a few weeks for most benefit, starting easier and building through a 4-week block. Below the exercise list are some example progressions you could use."
See the video above for demonstrations of each - skip to the time in brackets to go straight to the exercise.
- High Reach Sit Up (Abdominals, 02:32)
- Russian Twists (Obliques, 02:58)
- Dish Ups (Abdominals, 03:34)
- Long Lever Bridge Hold (Glutes, Hamstrings, 04:14)
- Push Up Position Scorpions (Shoulders, Abdominals, 04:54)
- Plank Rotations (Shoulders, Obliques, 05:42)
- All Fours Shoulder Touch (Shoulders, Quadriceps, 06:24)
- Supermans (Full Body Co-ordination, 07:05)
- Cycle Crunches (Abdominals, Obliques, 07:50)
- Vaulters (Abdominals, 08:25)
- Week 1: 15 Reps or 20 Seconds x1
- Week 2: 15 Reps or 20 Seconds x2
- Week 3: 20 Reps or 30 Seconds x2
- Week 4: 25 Reps or 40 Seconds x2
Through all these exercises keep a good tempo but don't rush: the more control you can keep, the harder the work will be, so always take good form over more reps if you are using time as your marker. Hope everyone enjoys the workout and can take something from it during these hard times. Stay safe everyone!
Max's home fitness supplements: Elite Gold A-Z Multivitamin, Elite Pro20 Biotic, Elite Omega 3 Pure EPA, Elite Vitamin D3 Spray 4,000iu.