A new European regulation came into effect as of December 2014, which means our nutritional information is laid out like this:
- The primary difference is RDAs (Recommended daily intake) have now changed to NRVs (Nutrient Reference Values). Instead of 100% RDA, you will now see 100% NRV. The values for RDA and NRVs are the same.
- The terminology ‘Nutritional Information’ has now changed to ‘Product Information’
- The terminology used in Ingredient lists will be slightly different. E.g. Vitamin B3 will be listed with its scientific name: ‘Nicotinamide or Nicotinic Acid’
- We no longer display allergens separately in an ‘Allergy Advice’ box on the side of the pack. Instead, any allergens – such as egg or milk – will be highlighted in bold within the ingredients list.
- In the ingredient listing, Non-Active Ingredients have been described by adding their function in the creation of your product.