What does certified mean?
A certified Informed-Sport product is one which has passed the programme’s manufacturing quality system audit and rigorous product testing. This includes:
1. Pre-registration product testing which includes the testing of 5 samples from different production runs
2. Extensive product evaluation, including analysis of the formulation, label claims and nutritional labelling
3. Raw material evaluation, looking at the quality of the ingredients, the supplier and storage
4. Manufacturer review to ensure the validity of accreditations
5. Assessment of the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and quality systems in place for every company which has handled the product
6. Batch testing of every single production run of that product prior to release for sale
Only after the audit is satisfactory and the product testing has shown no contamination issues can the product be registered into the programme and carry the Informed-Sport mark.