Top 5 Money-Saving Pet Care Tips
Posted 8 May 2014 12:00 AM by VetVits
Owning a pet is really rewarding as they bring companionship as well as stacks of fun and can even reduce stress and blood pressure! However, many people are struggling to afford all of the costs that come with having a pet. Do not despair though as there are so many ways to save money on your furry friends. In fact just keeping your pets fit and healthy can save you a fortune in the long term.
My Top 5 Tips
1. As with so many things in life, preventing problems is cheaper than solving them. Good preventative care for your pet’s health and wellbeing will mean you save money in the long-run.
2. Look online for your pet care products as you can make great savings on quality assured pet medications or pet vitamins. For example, you can save up to 40% on essential maintenance products like flea and worming treatments online.
3. To cut the cost of kennel care form a pet-sitting circle with friends and neighbours where you all agree to look after each other’s animals when you go away. It is a great way to save money (usually over £10 a day) and also ensures it is someone that you trust doing the pet-sitting.
4. Panic buying often means you’re forced to make bad or more expensive purchases. Instead, go online and look for repeat ordering options which will save you money each month and mean you never run out of your pet’s essentials.
5. Many people fail to insure their pets as premiums can be high, but a dog can cost its owner over £20,000 during its lifetime and a cat up to £10,000. If you shop around each year and use a comparison site you’ll be able to find the right deal for you.