10 secrets your pets don't tell you
Posted 21 May 2015 12:00 AM by VetVits
1) You think my tail wagging is always an invitation for you to pet me. Wrong! Researchers found that we wag our tails slightly to the right when we see something we like and to the left when we're scared.
2) Your favourite cat game to play with me involves a laser pointer, but I get frustrated because I can't catch it. Please use a pointer with a toy at the end so I have something to catch - it makes the game worth it.
3) Please don't bring out the hairdryer when you groom me! To make me look fluffy add a little cornflour onto my fur then brush, it will absorb grease and untangle matted fur.
4) Just because I'm an old dog doesn't mean I get to eat whatever I want. I'll be much happier if you give me a daily supplement that contains glucosamine and chondroitin to help protect my joints.
5) Please introduce me to your friends and family when I'm young so that I'm not afraid of strangers.
6) Please let me choose my own bed! If I usually sleep with my legs sprawled out, I'll be more comfortable on a flat bed without sides, but if I like to curl up, I'll probably love a cosy one with sides.
7) I love to play fetch with the Frisbee but those hard plastic ones hurt my teeth and gums, please look for a soft one from the pet shop.
8) I like fancy cat toys but you can easily make a homemade toy that I'll love. I can have just as much fun with a ball of string of cardboard box.
9) When I bark and jump around I'm not trying to be naughty, I want you to play with me!
10) My digestive system is different ot yours and treats for you may be dangerous for me. Please don't feed me chocolate, coffee or avocado.