Nutritionist Rob Hobson chose this vegan dish for heart health, thanks to the healthy fats contained in avocado and nuts, which are good for balancing cholesterol levels. Seeds contain omega 3, which is also great for your heart.
- 40g hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 chives, finely chopped
- 50g lentil sprouts
- 2 pinches of micro coriander
- Black pepper
- Small pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Spread all the nuts and seeds onto a small baking sheet and toast in the oven for 8 minutes until golden in colour. Let them cool, add to a mortar and crush lightly with a pestle. Set aside.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the stones, then scoop out the flesh with a teaspoon and place in a large bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, chives, salt and pepper to the bowl and crush slightly with a fork. Add the lentil sprouts and mix.
- Add the nuts and seeds to the bowl with the avocado mixture, then serve on a small plate topped with micro coriander.