The vitamin B6 and folate in this soup are great for brain health, while potassium helps to maintain normal blood pressure. If you want to make this more of a meal, serve with rye bread and top with toasted pumpkin seeds to add a little omega 3.
240 calories per serving
- 1 cauliflower
- ½ celeriac, finely diced
- ½ tsp paprika, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Cut the core out of the cauliflower and finely chop it. Roughly chop the florets.
- Spread all the cauliflower and the celeriac in a roasting tin and sprinkle with the paprika and salt. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and cook for 10 minutes until it is translucent. Add the garlic and cook for a further 3 minutes. Add the celery and stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Tip the cauliflower and celeriac into the pan and stir to mix, then simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Transfer everything to a blender and blitz for about 3 minutes until completely smooth. Serve hot, with a light dusting of paprika.