This dish is a perfect choice for breakfast and great after a workout. Oats are considered to be an anti-inflammatory food and berries are rich in antioxidants. Both can reduce inflammation in the body, which may help to preserve joint health.
- 50g quinoa
- 100g jumbo oats (gluten free)
- 100ml water
- 250ml fortified soya milk
For the compote
- 100g frozen raspberries
- 1 pear
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Place the uncooked quinoa in a saucepan and cover with the water and soya milk. Bring to the boil on a medium heat, then turn the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, make the compote. Peel the pear and remove the core. Then finely dice and place in a small saucepan with the raspberries, honey, cinnamon and a splash of water.
- Bring to the boil on a medium heat, then turn the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Once the quinoa is soft, add the jumbo oats to the pan and stir for 3 minutes until completely warmed through. Add more oat milk if you prefer a wetter porridge.
- Serve the porridge immediately into bowls and top with the compote.