This garlic-heavy chowder is packed with protein and essential fatty acids to help your immunity, heart and brain health.
Total time: 50 mins
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 1 bay leaf
- 300g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 litre fish stock
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 150g cod or haddock, skinned and flesh cut into 2cm pieces
- 150g salmon, skinned and flesh cut into 2cm pieces
- 250g undyed smoked haddock, skinned and flesh cut into 2cm pieces 150 grams raw king prawns
- Handful of finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 160ml double cream
- Melt the butter in a large pot over a medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and fry for 10 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and fry for a minute, then stir in the thyme leaves, bay leaf and potatoes and cook gently for 2 - 3 minutes before adding the fish stock.
- Season well with sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Simmer for 10 - 15 minutes until the potatoes are only just tender and still retain some bite, then add the cod, salmon, smoked haddock and prawns.
- Partially cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes until the fish is cooked through, then remove the pot from the heat and gently stir through the parsley and cream. Try not to stir too vigorously, as the fish chunks and potatoes will start to break up.
- Serve in bowls with some extra chopped parsley as garnish.
Super Strength Omega 3 1,200mg
Highly concentrated, refined and sustainably sourced omega-3 fatty acids
- 240mg DHA and 360mg EPA
- Anti-inflammatory; supports brain, eye and heart health
- Benefits of oily fish for 22c a day