Freshen up your complexion for the New Year with this skin-friendly recipe from nutritionist Rob Hobson.
This is a versatile dish that can be served as a snack on top of rice cakes or used as a topping for dishes like chilli or salads.
Avocado is a good skin ingredient, as it contains a high amount of vitamin E, which can help protect cells from damage from oxidative stress, as well as skin-maintaining B vitamins.
- 2 avocados (peeled and diced)
- 1/4 lemon (juiced)
- 1 handful baby spinach leaves
- 50 frozen broad beans (defrosted)
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/4 lime, juiced
- 1 pinch crushed dried chillies
- 1 tbsp coriander (chopped)
- 4 mint leaves (chopped)
- Sea salt
- Place the flesh from 1 avocado in a blender with lemon juice, spinach and broad beans, then blitz into a coarse paste.
- Dice the second avocado into chunks and place in a bowl with the cucumber, lime juice, chilli, coriander, mint and salt.
- Place the coarse mixture into the bowl and then stir to combine.